Friday, October 27, 2006

It's been a pretty slow start to my life in Poland. The teaching is minimal, the majority of my time is spent in my little flat reading, and in the evening I get taken to different drinking establishments. People here like to go out and drink and unlike Russia, they prefer the relaxed environment of a pub to a flashy expensive cocktail bar, which suits me fine. Last night I was taken to the local live music venue, although no live music on a Thursday night, I am promised that at the weekend it's the place to get down with the rock and roll vibe. From the look of people who drink there, it's a bit of a CLASSIC ROCK bar. Folks wearing Metallica tshirts and fashioning the goatee and long hair look (that was just the women!). I look forward to a night of live Polish metal!

My Polish is coming on a treat and I have extended my vocabulary by about 2 words a day. My pronunciation of these words, however, may be completely wrong. Luckily everybody I meet seems to speak a level of English that enables us to converse coherently.

No lessons at the weekend, so hopefully I'll get to see some more of the town over the next couple of days and I will take some pictures and post them here for you all to marvel at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home