Monday, October 30, 2006

The weather has turned grey and stormy and as a consequence I have no pictures to show you yet. I did however brave the rain to take a look around the town and discovered the supermarket which, to my delight, requires no communication with the shop assistants at all. One may even purchase mars bars and coke.... not that I did that, obviously, as I am here to sample the Polish food and drink.

So far I have sampled the beer, the vodka, the potato pancakes and the perogi (which are in fact Russian) the forest mushroom soup and the bread (no preservatives – tastes stale). What next? I am lacking a Polish companion to lead me in the right direction and to show me the side of Poland that isn't drinking vodka and eating lard on bread. They appear to be a clique bunch and I'm not really sure what an outsider has to do to be allowed into the in crowd. I fear it may be something like drinking and eating my own body weight in vodka and lard. Still, I have BBC world and a fine selection of Italian music channels on my tv to keep me occupied.

1 Comments:

Blogger IAmJack'sBlog said...

have you managed to hear any Polish metal music yet? I recommend Vader.
Good luck being a teacher and an outcast within a clique group by the way. Jung and Freud may help you out there though.

9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home