Monday, November 06, 2006

This weekend was spent moving into my flat, which took all of 10 minutes.... then I went to the big town that is 15 km away called Katowice and saw a Polish 'rock' band – Kult. A very popular band in Poland, well, Europe – in all those countries that aren't so narrow minded as Britain and which play music by anyone regardless of which language they are speaking. So, they were ok but I don't think they'll make it in the UK. I think the 3 hour sets would quickly see to that. After this, we braved the weather and headed back to our little bar back in Mikolow, where we discovered that the locals had found amusement in a stray Portuguese boy who had that very night tasted vodka for the first time, and who was, by the time we arrived, wandering around in a daze and falling asleep standing up. This is what they do to foreigners here, they ply them with vodka, and make fun of their inability to keep up. I quickly learnt the rule; say 'nie' to vodka! After all, I have to keep the Albion flag flying high and proud, the last thing I would want is to be found falling asleep hugging a lamp post.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

never used to bother you!

9:39 am  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

Ha ha! I was expecting that!

10:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home