Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ode to Winter

Winter is here; hello winter! Goodbye Autumn: season of mists and mellow fruitfulness! We will miss you... Don't worry folks, he'll be back next year, with all his filling of fruit with ripeness to the core. It's not a reason to be blue, just because the weather has turned chillingly cold and the radiators in my flat don't work, no! It's a time for rejoicing because Christmas will soon be upon us and what happiness that brings to the kids; my heart weeps tears of gladness that such a time is here.
Why be sad, just because I have to get up at 6.30 every morning and it's dark, so dark that I often think my alarm clock has made a silly mistake and woken me up in the middle of the night just for a laugh?! No, these are not sad times, readers, they are happy happy times. Who could be miserable just because it rains snow and the afternoons are so short we hardly recognise them!? Only the tyrants and parasites of this world could fail to see the beauty in a long dark winter evening! Who needs daylight!? Who needs to see the blueness of the sky, we know it's there, behind the grey looming clouds!
The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home