Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Things in this town are spooky, as I have already mentioned, but it doesn't stop at zombified teenagers. No, there is definitely something unnatural, you could even say SUPER-natural, about time here. For a start it feels like I've been here FOREVER, but if I consult a calendar it informs me that I have actually only been here 4 weeks.... secondly, every time I go to the local bar (which I like to call the Bronze just because of the spooky-ness, Buffy fans!) I enter it and have a couple of drinks and it's always the same; by the time I leave it's morning and the whole night has passed in the snap of a finger... at first I put this down to the vodka, but then I stopped drinking the vodka.. so really there is no explanation. I'm recruiting scoobies just in case we are actually living on the Hell Mouth and somebody needs to save the day. I stopped by the local library to befriend the librarian but he didn't speak English.

Meanwhile I've been practising Polish by watching tv, but nothing interesting to report, as most of the programmes they show are American so you'll be familiar with them all. Their version of Deal or No Deal, you'll be happy to know, not only has just as stupid contestants but an equally 'optimistic' presenter who likes to improve the chances of the contestant winning by getting all family members to hold hands and think positively.... But they never win big because they're stupid and can't figure out the statistics, instead preferring to leave it to the cosmic forces... all highly amusing, especially when they end up with 200 zloty!!

6 Comments:

Blogger IAmJack'sBlog said...

Maybe you're caught in a time loop. Try to solve it quicker than Data in the ep of TNG where the Enterprise kept blowing up. Or Mulder with the bank exploding.

Have you tried the local magic shop?

12:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Becky
It sounds like you're having a right laugh. Hmmm...
And in UK news, Take That are back where they bwelong - at NUMBER 1!!!
I went to see The Killers on saturday - see my pics here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68214038@N00/
They were very good.
Jus xxx

1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Monkey (wo)man,

You had better brush up on the Polish Language Skills as you are now the official interpreter for a party of ten plus travelling this weekend. When we learned of your presence in the area we immediately removed the learn Polish cassettes from the car stereo's and returned the Pure Essence White Label tapes.. So better be on the ball madam.. What's your mobile number or contact number so we can bell you on friday - or should we leave a message at the local taverna c/o Zombie No.1? Markus de Wroclaw

2:45 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

I've been practising my phrases including 'show me the way back to Manchester'... just in case. But, more importantly, I've been practising my drinking vodka skills - now perfected so I can enjoy AND remember at the same time. Whooo!

12:32 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

Hey Jus
Good photos - Where was it at?
I'm glad Take That are number one, they get played here on the radio quite a bit but I don't think anybody knows who they are!
Are you coming to Poland too? It's the place to be!

12:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah - boys only I think. You are lucky to be invited yourself!! Or perhaps they just don't ask me as my idea of hell is a weekend with 10 boys, and they know I'll say no? Obviously if I'd have known you would be joining in, I would have jumped at the chance!
Killers was at Nottingham Rock City.
Rock on! Jus xx

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home