Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ok fact -lovers, here's a good one for you! Here in Mikolow we're having the warmest January in over 100 years. Usually the winter here sees the little streets covered in a cloak of white crispy snow, but no, not this year! No snow, no frost even. Which is funny because last year I arrived in Siberia to the coldest winter in over 100 years!

So, weather report over, let's talk about something more interesting......um, well, er. I don't have any news I'm afraid. The year of the pig has begun very slowly, and there is no scandal to report or exciting anecdote to tell. I may have to resort to my old pack of stinking lies to make this here blog a bit more exciting. I can't even rant about the disgraceful BBC World because now I have a dvd player so have not even turned on my television since I've been back.

I have been occupying my vast amount of free time with playing Spider Solitaire (I'm NOT addicted) and trying to reacquaint myself with the impossibilities of the Polish language. No matter how many new words I learn, the only thing I ever have to say in reality is 'I don't understand, I'm English! I speak Polish not good' to which people respond very well, usually by walking away or talking to someone else instead. Result!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cara!
T, D & H xxx

2:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, saw the '1 comment' and just knew it would be you - although i do feel cheated....no music news!
P.S Hey Beks! Email me you s....!

4:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Music news is that it is proving very tricky to get hold of the newly released tickets for Arcade Fire at the Apollo in March.
Leona is still #1. (I think)
Kylie is in town - the gays are going mad!
Forthcoming gigs include Kylie (straights also allowed), Get Cape Wear Cape Fly and The Boy Least Likely To.
That's all for now!
xxx

10:41 am  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

Hey you guys!
Well the music news here is that Rod Stewart and Elton John get played on the radio every day still!
Email ME !!

1:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

2:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home