Monday, January 22, 2007

Feels like I've been to every single disco all around, another night another town, it's time to burn this disco down....

And so speaks the wisdom of Rick Witter, a modern day philosopher/poet/prophet often overlooked by bright young upstarts like the Arctic Monkeys (pants!).... BUT, the spirit of the Sheds lives on in my heart at least! On Friday night I experienced the Polish version of 42nd Street (ie: a grotty student nightclub). Ok, so the music was more System of a Down than The Stone Roses, and there didn't seem to be any cheap deals on bottles of Stella, in fact there was no Stella at all. But, just like in 42nd Street, people were there to dance like fools to the music and drink beer till they could drink no more. I was obliged to stand at the sidelines and remain a mere observer of the merriment as my rule is, never dance to heavy metal, nu metal, or any other type of music that ends in 'metal' unless I'm in the Ritz (even grottier student nightclub) on a Monday night. Anything else would be a betrayal to my roots!

Prior to the disco, we had been bowling, where I came last out of 12, which is an achievement I think. I put my poor performance down to lack of practise and my belief that the alleys must be different here in Poland to how they are in Great Britannia. Anyhow, it was an adventure, y'know getting out of one town to visit another town.

As for my other adventure, the quest to find a pair of golden shoes, so far I have been unsuccessful. Do you think it's acceptable to wear Converse to a wedding, even if you're a bridesmaid? I have one more week to complete my mission. Or should that be, Mission: Impossible?

In the latest weather news, well, I turned on BBC World the day after the power cut and heavy rain storm to be informed that bad weather was on it's way to Poland! By that time all was calm and blue skies prevailed....Thanks BBC World, you're the best!

1 Comments:

Blogger IAmJack'sBlog said...

I listened to the Sheds last night. Was good. I had just before been dancing to metal though, Avulsed and Mortician, and a Polish band - Yattering. You should check them out.

Why are you thanking BBC World and saying they are the best? They sound rubbish to me.

1:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home